Remember, 2010 is a registration year!
DES MOINES – Boat owners are reminded that 2010 is a registration year. Iowa boat registration fees are due April 30, and are valid for three years.
Boat registration fees help to manage aquatic invasive species, support the seasonal water patrol program and the water trails program. There are more than 247,000 boats registered in Iowa.
Boat registration fees remain unchanged from 2007. An additional $1.25 writing fee is charged by the county recorder for each registration.
No Motor or Sail, any length, $12
Motorboat or Sailboat:
* Less than 16 ft. long (Class I), $22.50
* 16 ft. to less than 26 ft. long (Class II), $36
* 26 ft. to less than 40 ft. long (Class III), $75
* 40 ft. long or longer (Class IV), $150
* Personal Watercraft, $45
* Documented Vessel, any length, $25